Craig Manning
Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Technician
97029787

I have a 07 saturn aura xr 3.6 i have replaced the intake

Customer Question

i have a 07 saturn aura xr 3.6 i have replaced the intake manifold tuning valve but am still getting codes p2070 p2071 p2078 and p0660 what else could this be
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: its all of those codes and yes the codes just keep coming back they are p2070 p2071 p2078 p0660
JA: Are you fixing your Aura yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive replaced the intake manifold tuning valve the imt valve
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope thats it
Category: GM
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this a gm ly7 3.6 engine 07 saturn aura xr
Expert:  Craig Manning replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. There is a common issue with the IMTV bushing inside the intake shifting not being there. Here is the text from the GM publication.

"Condition/Concern:
Some owners may comment that the Service Engine Soon (SES) light is on. Using a Tech 2 you may find that there is DTC P2070 or P2071 or P2077 or P2078 stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

The bushing located inside the upper intake manifold that supports the tip of the intake manifold tuning valve shaft may be missing.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Remove the intake manifold tuning valve and inspect the inside of the upper intake manifold to see if the bushing is present.

If the bushing is NOT present then the upper intake manifold and intake manifold tuning valve will have to be replaced. Refer to the appropriate section in SI for replacement procedures. ·If the bushing IS present then proceed with your diagnosis of the intake manifold tuning valve.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed."

Please remember to rate my service and accept the answer! This does not end our conversation and I will continue to assist with any further questions that you may have. If needed I am available for a premium phone for added convenience.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what about the p0660 code

Still researching on that one. Give me just a few more minutes.

Can you back probe the connector on Bank 1 and provide me the voltage? Also ensure the connector is problem plugged in.