GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

The last 2 times I filled my 2004 Malibu with gas for the

Customer Question

The last 2 times I filled my 2004 Malibu with gas for the next few miles it has stalled. The check-engine light was on for a while yesterday, but then went out. The mechanic had no explanation because the check engine light was out. I had to have the fuel sensor replaced this summer because the gas gauge would not work for the first few miles after a fill-up. The new issue did not start until four months after that replacement so there may be no relationship, but I thought I would mention it.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Yesterday it blinked and then went steady. It was on for another 3 miles of driving and then it went out. This morning it was out and there were no codes for the mechanic at the GM dealer to read, so they had no answer.
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not done anything but take it to a GM dealer. It has only been happening for about a month. I don't drive a lot, so I don't fill up often.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Category: GM
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Are you looking for possible causes?

So your saying that you dont know the code or codes that are stored in the computer?