How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GM Tech (Cam) Your Own Question
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Category: GM
Satisfied Customers: 5789
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
Type Your GM Question Here...
GM Tech (Cam) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 2011 terrain has been giving off service stabilitrak and

Customer Question

My 2011 terrain has been giving off service stabilitrak and p0301 since I've changed my alternator I read on the Internet it may be the 80 amp maxi fuse for the ESP but I don't know how to access it any idea how I can change the fuse
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: GMC Terrain v6 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Terrain yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: After changing alternator I changed the spark plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

Fix the P0301, and you'll fix the stabilty control warning at the same time.

Do believe rubbish about it could be an 80 amp fuse.

Let's fix the misfire first.

Now, either you have a faulty spark plug, cracked on installing it, or some other issue.

Can you remove no.1 and another plug, examine for abnormality then swap them to see if the code goes to the other cylinder?