Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Air suspension light came on I'm trying to clear it but it's

Customer Question

Air suspension light came on I'm trying to clear it but it's not working with my canobD2d diagnosiisc tool I'm selling this hummer 2006 h2
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No hardly ever drive this hummer looks like it came of the show room no oil leaks or nothing
JA: Are you fixing your H2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No just the code reader that I use to take check engine light of my other trucks
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I haven't drove this for months I want to sell this but I don't want to put a bunch of money in this but I cannot sell it with this light on
Category: GM
Expert:  david craig replied 10 months ago.

Hi Im David, you wont be able to clear that light. It will only go out when the problem is fixed.

Unfortunately, the only way this system can be tested to see what is going on with it is with the use of a scan tool, the same way you would check the check or service engine soon light. Because it is a class 2 electronic system, it takes a class 2 scan tool to pull up the codes that will be stored in the computer (a regular code reader won't work) that will tell us what component in the system has failed or has a problem. There are sensors mounted on the frame that let the system know when the compressors need to turn on to pump the system up and when to exhaust the air from the system to let the system down. There is also an air pressure sensor in the system that must be working ok or the system would have let the air out and the truck would be setting low by now. You might inspect the rear control arms and make sure the links that connect them to the height sensors are still connected. If one of these has come unhooked, it would affect the system. There is also a 60 amp fuse and a relay that you may want to inspect, but other than that you will pretty much need the scan tool to see what codes are stored in the computer, then you would have an idea of what sensors , switches or computer, etc, to be checking. You may even get lucky and find a bad connection someplace in the system, but without the scan tool you are pretty limited in what you can do with the system

it looks like there is the one fuse in the under hood box (60 amp) and another 15 amp in the instument panel box that is labled 4wd that is also tied into the air pump circuit

do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I took to the shop I tried what you said it did no work thanks Brent

you bet

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

New expert here, the most common cause for this problem is a failed air compressor assembly.