Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech with advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2006 Pontiac G6 anti theft system is locked. I had to

Customer Question

2006 Pontiac G6 anti theft system is locked. I had to replace the ignition switch and key cylinder. How do I reset and unlock security system.
JA: Has the car been stalling out?
Customer: No, It won't start, I have power but starter won't engage.
JA: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I tried to reset, need to know the reset and unlock procedure.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: GM
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Here is the relearn procedure.

With a Master Passkey3 key (Black plastic not the Gray), turn the key on then rotate the ignition to the "ON" position. After approximately 10 minutes, check the SECURITY telltale. The telltale should be OFF. Turn OFF the ignition and wait 5 seconds. Repeat steps two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.

At the end of the 3rd time, rotate the key off. Wait 5 seconds. Now start and run the engine. (The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.) The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has now learned the fuel continue password.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tell me how to reset and unlock the anti theft system on the 2006 Pontiac G6.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you just email the instructions? I already paid for an answer.
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

The procedure is posted above.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No' they are not.
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Ok, let me post it again..

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Turn the key on then rotate the ignition to the "ON" position. After approximately 10 minutes, check the SECURITY telltale. The telltale should be OFF. Turn OFF the ignition and wait 5 seconds. Repeat steps two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!