FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

I have a WEIRD problem that my backyard mechanic simply is

Customer Question

I have a WEIRD problem that my backyard mechanic simply is stumped by. My car starts FINE when it is cold, but when I do a warm start, though it starts right up, it then stalls immediately. IF I hit the gas hard and get the RPMs up high around 2400 I can gently let them run down to 1800-2000, then let it sit there for about ten seconds and it usually idles fine and I can then drive it away with no problems. The warmer the car the worse the stalling issue ids and the harder it is to baby it when put into drive. We have replaced MANY sensors with no luck...new wires, new plugs. The ONLY error code is for a catalytic problem, but my guy DISCONNETED it and it STILL warm stalled. It's driving me/us CRAZY!! And I'm afraid it will get worse. It's been like this for a couple of months.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: iT NORMALLY RUN FINE ONCE i GET THRE rpmS DROPPED DOWN TEN SECONDS IN, SHIFT IT INTO DIRVE AND OFF i GO, but LATELY, AND WHEN IT
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: is really warm it has stalled a time or two when in drive, and even out on the road. :-( 2000 buick lesabre we've replaced, and I hope I'm rremembering them all. The MAF, MAP, CAM, CRANK, and TPS sensors. NO change.
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We found a post online recent;ly by someone who had the EXACT same problem, but no solution followed it. He suspected a "low voltage" problem, to the ICM as I recall.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. How much is the consult?
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** can be caused by so many different parts. It is very common for the ignition control module to cause this. If this has been replaced then it may be the ignition switch. I have had a lot of these fail and cause this to occur. A voltage drop test of the ignition switch would need to be done to verify if this is the issue.