GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

Engine blows oil out of crankcase vent stops if you

Customer Question
Engine blows oil out of...
Engine blows oil out of crankcase vent stops if you disconnect pressure side of turbo but turbo show no signs of leaking on exhaust side or outlet side when crankcase vent disconnected from air inlet.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GM
7/29/2016
GM Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

can you tell me the make and model of the vehicle involved?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2004 international 4200 vt365 6 litre engine was dismantle piston checked bore checked new rings heads redone turbo checked does the same thing as it did when it was brought in. runs reasonably well
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one comment was high pressure oil pump leaking into crankcase causing high crankcase pressure!

Hello

there should be a couple of breather paths on the engine

1 low pressure route for when the engine is off boost and a 2nd route for when its on boost

there should be a combination of pressure relief and 1 way valves to prevent boost pressure entering the crankcase

the boost pressure line will have a 1 way valve between the cam cover and inlet manifold to prevent flow in

so I'd say its likely that the 1 way valve is faulty or stuck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we will look down that path! I think its built into turbo assembly I will try to locate information for that !

Hello

I think that this engine manual may help

http://www.navistarlearning.com/dotnet/application/downloadcontent2.aspx?flag=&content_id=15129

see page 17

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The info you provided is the wrong. that's the new version updated engine. I sent you the year model etc. Navistar completely changed the engine due to law sued by Ford

hello

ok this service manual should be the correct one

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am away in Austrailia my staff is still dealing with the problem most of info provided by you did not address original problem there dealing with a local machine shop rebuilder thanks
Matt, Engineer