GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

My chevy blazer done lights will not turn off? The lights on

Customer Question
My chevy blazer done lights...
My chevy blazer done lights will not turn off?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The lights on the ceiling in my blazer front and back
JA: What year is your Blazer?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried all the doors and back . only way I can get them off is to use automatic starter and turn blazer off with remote.. Once I open,the door, they don't go off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GM
7/27/2016
GM Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago
Joshua Haynes

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you

GM Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

Have you tried using the dome override switch on this vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I pushed the button and turned the lights off. Now the lights don't turn on when i,open or close the door or turn the blazer on
GM Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

When you have the key in the ignition and you close the doors, does the chime still go off?

GM Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

You have a door sensor that is not functioning properly. I suggest going to each door and testing them one by one...is this something you are prepared to do?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How is it done
GM Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

what year is the blazer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2005
GM Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

give me a few minutes and I'll look up some procedures for you. Do you have a multimeter with which you can measure resistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No never mind.. Ty
GM Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

You are very welcome. Thanks for using Just answer!

GM Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you have any other questions? if not, please do not forget to leave a positive rating!

GM Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi, this is Josh just checking in to remind you to please leave me a positive rating if you were satisfied with my service. I always try my best to make things easy to understand for my customers and would love to know if you were pleased with my performance. Thanks!

Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes