GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

2011 GMC Yukon lift gate will not open, can hear the motor

Customer Question
working but no result....
2011 GMC Yukon lift gate will not open, can hear the motor working but no result. When opening it manually, it will force it way back shut.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 98,000 miles automatic
JA: What is the model of your '11 GM?
Customer: C10706
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GM
7/11/2016
GM Mechanic: john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

?so the motor makes noise but is inop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it opens half way then closes again

are the hinges binding?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can force it open all the way, then it stays open for a few seconds and closes back.

does anything appear to be binding?

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic