rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a2007 GMC Sierra with a 4.3 l engine when I step hard

Customer Question

I have a2007 GMC Sierra with a 4.3 l engine when I step hard on the gas it bogs down hesitates for a few seconds and then picks up and goes
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: No problem it has been doing this since I got it 3 years ago. Milagros is fine and runs great otherwise
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2007 GMC Sierra 2wd work truck 2 door with 134000 miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet and I'd like to just don't know where to start looking
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No as I say everything else is good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

In most cases like that, the MAF sensor is dirty or bad. try cleaning it with MAF cleaner from the parts store. remove it and clean it in the opposite direction of the air flow, let it dry, and reinstall it. We may need to test your computer system with a scan tool at some point.

Thanks, Ron