How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Your Own Question
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Category: GM
Satisfied Customers: 35523
Experience:  34 year as An ASE certified Tech
Type Your GM Question Here...
Ron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to replace transfer case module control n cant find it

Customer Question

need to replace transfer case module control n cant find it
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 97 gmc 1500 4x4
JA: What year is your GMC?
Customer: 19970gmc z71
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself nothing yet tranmmisin place said it was the transfer case module thts why the 4x4 dont engage thy said i could do it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The Transfer case control module is located Under instrument panel , On Steering Column Support Bracket.