sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

When the weather turn hot and I park my GM and it sits in

Customer Question

When the weather turn hot and I park my GM and it sits in the sun (say while shopping) and I return to car to start it, it stalls. I have to open all the windows and wait 12-20 minutes for interior to air out then it will start. So annoying to only be able to drive your half the year.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Mercury Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Stalls completely. Put it in drive ...stall. No power to dash board at all.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. I want someone who knows what's wrong to fix it. I've spent 2700. Already at a dealership and no one seems to know what it is. Can't duplicate problem. Etc etc
JA: OK! The Mercury Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mercury Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercury?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. It's a 2003 with only 60,000 miles on it. Garaged 12 months a year.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could be causing the symptoms you're experiencing and it's definitely going to take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to be able to determine the cause. It sounds as if you either have a power distribution, wiring or ignition switch issue.

What make and model is the vehicle?
What parts have been replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 mercury grand marquis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No parts replaced

Your original post said that you had spent $2,700 trying to repair the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't recall what they did. That was 2 years ago.

You spent $2,700 to diagnose this problem and no parts were replaced?