GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

I can't scroll through the information on my DIC to get to

Customer Question
the section to program a...
I can't scroll through the information on my DIC to get to the section to program a key FOB. I push the info button, but after releasing, it goes back to the odometer. Any suggestions on how to reset the in dash computer?
JA: Have you ever had to reprogram your fob? How old is the battery?
Customer: brand new battery and haven't reprogrammed this fob
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i can't get very far b/c it is required to press that info button five or six times until i get to the program key screen. i can't get passed the first option which is to change the metric / US and when i release the button it goes back to odometer. i've tried holding it down in combination with other buttons and nothing happens. I've also turned on the ignition, pressed the gas five times, and still nothing - that did make the 'change oil soon' message go away but that's it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GM
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The make and model is a 2007 GMC Denali - standard size.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, I didn't mean to click the live call back button. An email response with step by step instructions is preferred.
5/30/2016
GM Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.

When you get to relearn remote. Need to hold the check symbol.

Here is a link from the owners manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq4q9u1eby07m0d/2007_remote.png?dl=0

Let me know if this help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried that - please RE-READ my original question and note that I AM UNABLE to scroll through the menu. After I press the info button it goes back to the odometer and I CANNOT SCROLL through the menu - it goes back to the odometer after each press and does not progress through the menu to the section to program the remote. Can you please reply specifically to that question? Thank you.

Can you video your self going through and pushing the buttons.

You could post it here or at youtube and post the link here.

I understand what you are doing I just need to see it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried a number of times to upload the video from my iPhone but your interface says it does not recognize the file type? Also, I'm not sure how much more clear I can be in my original question, so maybe you can re-read and reply again? Can I request a call without being charged an additional $26?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://youtu.be/77CovK-AQLU
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please see attached youtube video and let me know if you have any ideas on how to get to the program remote screen. Again, I just can't get the menu to cycle past the metric section and when I press and release the info button, it just toggles between metric section and then goes back to odometer. I can't get past the metric section. Hope video helps - please advise.

I posted a picture of the buttons. From top to bottom !-4

Which button are you pushing?

I would have like to see in the video what button you were pushing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://youtu.be/Jsrd3hQH0us

Thank you for posting the video.

The switch buttons are different ohm readings to ground. when you push the info it thinks it the config button.

Do you have a ohm meter?

Need to remove the switch and test it.

May want to try unplugging and plug it back in see if it had a bad connection

I had a thought in the middle of the night.

So I watch the video again I see you have the engine running.

Try it with just the key on engine off. This is a safety feature.

I think that is the problem.

Was that the problem?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem, even with the engine off:(. Do you have any other suggestions?

Did you have any work done before this happened?

Did you Test the switch like I asked with a ohm meter?

You could try this.

Disconnect both battery cables and touch both cables together. This reset all modules.

Can you post your VIN#

GM Bob
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician