GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

How to check to the rear wiper switch on a 2003 GMC Yukon :

Customer Question
How to check for power...
How to check for power to the rear wiper switch on a 2003 GMC Yukon
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I installed a rebuilt rear wiper motor and it is not working, the old one was not working do not know how to check for power on rear wiper switch or power to rear wiper motor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Could you tell what color of the wires to check if I have power to connector
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: I need to know if the switch on the dash board is sending power to the rear wiper plug
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GM
5/30/2016
GM Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Mike, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Test for power to the rear wiper motor plug when switch on using a volt meter or test light and also verify the ground lead tests good ground or close to 0 OHMS. Let me know

GM Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

A common problem is poor grounding of the wiper motor. Try running a separate ground and see if this resolves your issue if you have power to the motor.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you tell color or the wires on the rear wiper plug to test if I have power to the plug I installed a rebuilt rear wiper motor do not know if the dash switch is sending power back to rear plug
GM Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Let me see what I can pull up for diagrams... Click on this link for FYI as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50J6EMHAEdM

GM Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Black Gnd.
Orange 12v
Gray 12 volts when switch is on (0 volts when off)
Grn 0 volts with switch on or off
Pink/blk 0 volts (rear window ajar indicator wire)

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson