Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GM Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

My clutch on my compressor is seized i need to know if i

Customer Question

my clutch on my compressor is seized i need to know if i need to replace just the clutch or the whole thing and if i just need to replace the compressor
JA: How many miles on the car? Is it the original transmission?
Customer: its my ac clutch
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2004 chevy blazer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing really i had to disconect the ac compressor for m the electrical system because it was seized and causing the motor to stall
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
On this vehicle, it is possible to replace "just" the clutch on the compressor. The Compressor will need to be removed from the vehicle and the clutch replaced "o nthe bench". The clutch kit sells for around $146 and the Labor Time Guide calls for 1.6 hours to complete the job. The A/C System will need to be evacuated and discharged before removing the A/C Compressor. If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.