GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

Had to remove Hvac assembly to replace lower case. Disconnected

Customer Question
Had to remove Hvac assembly...
Had to remove Hvac assembly to replace lower case. Disconnected IP harnesses, air bags, radio, etc. I only disconnected the main single plug on the back of the BCM. Now with everything together the remote access does not work. The dome lamps do not turn off unless defeat button is pressed and radio turns off with key off inside of when drivers door is open....does the BCM need a relearn?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes but I work at a GM dealership also
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Making sure every harness was plugged in
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: No pretty much explained
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GM
5/12/2016
GM Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for us to be able to help you we are going to need to know what you are working on, year, make and model please and it would also be helpful if you could scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with complete information and we can work from there.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician