Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have a 2003 gmc duramax and it threw 5 different cods JA:

Customer Question

i have a 2003 gmc duramax and it threw 5 different cods
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i am not sure all i know is that i replaced my stereo with a harness did not cut any wire and ever since then i have been getting a tcm code and and my theft light will turn on every now and again and my shift indicator only works every now and again and now my truck just threw 5 different U codes
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: P0700, U1026, U1152, U1041, U1064, U1024
JA: I'll pass this info along to the GM Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i can i will i mean if it is out of my hands then i will have to take it in to the mechanic
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: its has a chip and its lifted and has an aftermarket touch screen stereo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.The P0700 code tells us there is an issue with the Transmission Control Module that needs further investigation. The "U" codes tell us there is an issue with the serial data network the onboard computers/modules use to communicate with one another. This type of issue can be caused by loss of power at the modules, like from a bad ignition switch or a failing charging system.The best tool to diagnose this issue is a Tech-II scan tool, as it's capable of communicating with each module on the network and read its working voltage. Other than that, voltage and ground would have to be physically checked at each module with a voltmeter. I could guide you through the process with either the scan tool or the voltmeter (be prepared as this latter would take a while).Please let me know what would you like to do.Best Regards.