George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+years ASE Master W/L1 Drivability
13574682

GM SIERRA: I CHANGED MY BLOWER RESISTOR ON A 2004 GMC SIERRA

Customer Question

I CHANGED MY BLOWER RESISTOR ON A 2004 GMC SIERRA 1500 5.3-- 8 CYLINDER AND NOW THE AIE IS NOT PUSHED THROUGH VENTS. THE BLOWER IS BLOWING BUT IS NOT COMING
Category: GM
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Have you pulled the blower motor? You should and see if you have debris in the blower cage or a mat of hair etc on the face of the AC evaporator coil. A flashlight and mirror are helpful to inspect the evaporator while the blower is out. Let me know how I can help Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I SEE THAT THERE IS NO CABIN FILTER ON THIS 2004 MODEL. I HAVE NOT TAKEN BLOWER MOTOR OUT AS OF YET BUT I WILL BASED ON YOUR REQUEST TO SEE IF ANY DEBRIS OR SOMETHING IS CAUSING MY PROBLEM, THE AIR IS COLD BUT IS NOT COMING OUT FULLY
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, the cage may have debris and it will restrict flow or any hair, fuzz etc on the evaporator will do the same. Let me know how I can help Thank you