GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

I have a 2007 3500 HD GMC Dually. While driving down the

Customer Question
I have a 2007 3500...
I have a 2007 3500 HD GMC Dually. While driving down the road and stepping on the brakes, it pulls to the right. The warmer the brakes get the more it pulls to the right.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GM
3/23/2016
GM Mechanic: Clifton B., Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician

HI my name is ***** ***** i can help

did you check the caliper pins and piston to see if they are seize ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took the wheel off, spindle turned, had my wife step on brake, which stopped the spindle.

is there one side brake pads that are lower then the other and did you also check the back brakes ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pads look even on both sides. No, I did not check rear brakes? But when I hit the brakes the steering wheel pull to the right too.

you alos need to check the slid pins on the caliper the wheel may still stop because it do not take much for you to be able to turn it by hand but may not stop with the wheel on the ground and the weigh of the vehicle

also check the tires you may have to have them put an a road force balance machine .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If the pins are not tight or frozen - what is my next step?

the site say your payment fail so it will not let me call you sorry

have the tire check with a road force balance machine

check the rear brakes and the front brake hoses for clog and kinks open bleeder make sure you get fluid from all breeder

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Credit card should be good now. Try again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why would it have just started now. Drove fine yesterday?

i can say why. things brake and when they do they do not get warring sometimes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Going to check those things and will give you a shout back, if we have more questions. So you do not think the caliber is bad? Will be be able to call you back?

if the pins and the piston on the calipers are moving freely then yes they are fine but you need to take it apart to check it not check push the brake and see if the wheel lock up as i stated there is a lot more force needed to with the wight of the car on the wheels .

hi i see you did not rate the service and i did not get pay because of that can you please come back and rate so i can get pay please thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician