GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I have a 2007 hummer H2 SUT and just bought a Navigational…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 hummer H2 SUT and just bought a Navigational disc for it that gives me a disc read error, how do I fixed this without going to the dealer?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

When I insert the navigation disc it say 'disc read error" it plays my other discs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If I can if not I will take it to the dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?

No, I just bought it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
3/1/2016
GM Mechanic: tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
tripletauto
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician

hello,

Where did you get the disc from? does your old disc work fine?

I ordered the disc online it is the OEM disc for the hemmer h2. I play disc in the player all the time, but when I insert the nav disc it gives me the disc read error.

you are inserting it in the navigation disc spot and not the cd correct? if you go into the menu and select change disc it will flip the screen open and allow you to insert the disc.