GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

I am having the exact same issues and I tried to remove the

Customer Question
Hi, JA: Thanks. Can you give...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am having the exact same issues and I tried to remove the wiper motor but it seem the glass had to be all the way up to remove the motor so I got in the back and closed the gate so the glass would go all the way up but I still could not seem to get the motor out. I pushed the panic button that is located on the rear post to open the door and it put the glass all the way down, now it will not go up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GM
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One more thing, the motor is unplugged , unlike the other customer I have no problem cutting a wire if it gets the window up. The wiper hasn't worked for a year and this all started because I needed to get the back open as a tailgate so I could get one screw out so I could replace a brake light bulb. The good news is I did get the brake light fixed
2/29/2016
GM Mechanic: Pete, GMC Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, GMC Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Depending on the model of the vehicle here if a fault code has set with this issue here the fault code will need reset/cleared out then the window checked to see if it can be operated as some fault codes will disable the operation of the window.This needs done with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.If you can tell me the year and model of this vehicle this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I started this off another forum where the customer had the exact same car with the exact same issue, can you see that info? The previous customer was unwilling to try what was recommended but I am, I just need to know where the modulator is located so I can try cutting the wire

I am unable to see the other forum or post on this here.Can you post the year,make and model as well as engine size for me?

Is the issue is that you are trying to remove the rear wiper motor itself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a 04 Envoy XUV with the stupid 2 way tailgate. All I need is to get the glass back up. It is the fully loaded SLT version with the 5.3. I did not realize pushing the panic button to open the rear tailgate/door would put the glass all the way down and now it wont go back up because I am getting the same warning saying rear wiper obstruction, the forum I was reading said there was a way to fool the computer into thinking the wiper was in park by cutting a yellow wire and grounding it out. I just need to know where the modulator is so I can try this, is it the one bolted behind the panel on the inside of the tailgate?

The module is located behind the paneling on the tail gate itself.I know on this model if a fault code sets in the rear door module this can disable the glass from operating as well as any of the door latches at the tail gate until the codes are cleared out with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with the rear door control module/tail gate module.The scan tool can also be used to operate the window when it will not move with the switches.If you have a procedure on what wire to cut and ground out you can try this but I haven't done this procedure myself before.I can try to look up how this is done if you want just let me know.

Thanks Pete

Pete, GMC Technician