GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

1999 Plymouth Grand Canyon is overheating after a thermostat…

Customer Question
1999 Plymouth Grand Canyon is...
1999 Plymouth Grand Canyon is overheating after a thermostat was put in. How do we get it back to not overheat.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
2/29/2016
GM Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, GMC Mechanic

Was it overheating before replacing the thermostat?

If it was not overheating before replacing the thermostat, then most likely it was installed backwards. Its very easy to do that because it will go in either way.

You will need to take the thermostat housing off and make sure the end of the thermostat with the spring, goes towards the engine, not towards the radiator hose.

Any further questions just let me know.

Larry

Hi Ethel,

Did you have any further questions?

If not, please use the star ratings to rate my service today.

Thanks for asking!