GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I have a 2010 Yukon xl Denali 6.2 L V8. I am in the process…

Customer Question
I have a 2010 Yukon...
I have a 2010 Yukon xl Denali 6.2 L V8. I am in the process of changing the transmission fluid and can't remove the pan from the exhaust crossbar.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
2/27/2016
GM Mechanic: DanielJones, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
DanielJones
DanielJones, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can get the proper information on your vehicle?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

1GKUKMFEF6AR223693
1GKUKMEF6AR223693. Try this one. too many letters in the other

They are in there tight, the repair procedure has you disconnecting the catalytic converter, but it can be done without disconnecting the exhaust. you need to unbolt trans mount and with a big pry par lift up on transmission to gain clearance or try jacking up the rear of the transmission/transfer case.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happyto answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.

If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Do you have pictures or description of how to unbolt the trans mount

Remove the nuts item #1 in picture.

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

I was able to take the bolts out of the motor mount and jack it up a couple of inches. the pan still doesn't have the clearance it needs. is there something that can be removed to allow the rear of the trans to go higher. if so, the pic diagram would be helpful to see it. thanks

Don't have pictures but can explain to you over the phone how to do it.

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
Thanks

I had to step away from the project to go to kids activities. I am back at it now and still in the same place. I have the trans mount off. I noticed th ehxhaust pipe moves uo with the trans as i lift it
I wasn't able to get the pan out, so i just put everything back together. What are my options for a refund

I can explain to over the phone how to do it if you want. It can be done.

Let me know.

Thank You for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

ThankYou

***** *****

I'm done with it. It has consumed too much of my time. I just want a refund now. Thanks