GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I have an 03 1/2 ton truck that the inside fan is stuck on…

Customer Question
I have an 03...

I have an 03 1/2 ton truck that the inside fan is stuck on high. I tried all interior switches and it wont shut off. What fuse can I pull to stop it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The interior fan is stuck on full blast with the truck is turned off and no response on any interior switches.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

No just need it to stop now so my battery does not run out.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
2/23/2016
GM Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

The common cause for the blower to remain on on your 1/2 ton is usually caused by a failing blower motor speed controller. GM has released a service bulletin as well for this problem which calls for replacing its. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Its located on the AC/heater plenum below the dash on the glove box side. You can unplug it for now until you can get it replaced. See the location and the bulletin in the link bel . Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. The fuse you need to pull is the 40 amp blower motor fuse located in the under hood panel marked blower motor.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20TSB%20Feb%2023.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20controller%20Feb%2023.pdf