Pete, GMC Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealership technician and training.
14928985

08 yukon low beam headlights just quit working. beams and

Customer Question

08 yukon low beam headlights just quit working. Hi beams and everything else is fine.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i checked fuses and all is ok. Just the low beams do not work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, I'm pretty good at replacing parts
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses - they are ok. are there relays that need to be checked?
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In your under hood fuse panel there should be a relay labeled HDLP LO.This relay can fail and cause this here.In some cases you can tell this is the component at fault by tapping on this relay.If the low beams then operate then this relay needs replaced.The other issue I have seen is a fault with the multi function (hi/low beam selector switch) on the steering column.The contacts in this switch will fail and can fail to send the correct signals to engage the low beams.

The signals would need tested to be sure the switch and relay are at fault using a multi meter.Most common on this model though can be this relay itself at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete