GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

When it is warmed up it won't start
, Changed cam shaft…

Customer Question
When it is warmed...

When it is warmed up it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Changed cam shaft sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Changed the sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?

When it is cold, it's starts, it's after it has been running that it won't start again

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2016
GM Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

A bad CRANK sensor can cause this, as well as a fuel pump going bad. You should confirm this with a scan tool and a fuel pressure gauge.

Thanks, Ron

It was a cam position sensor that was replaced. The code that came up on the computer was PO342-343

Yep I saw that. Please re-read my answer to you and then fulfill my suggestions.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.