GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I just replaced the intermediate steering shaft on my 2005…

Customer Question
Hello, I just replaced...

Hello, I just replaced the intermediate steering shaft on my 2005 yukon denali and an error message now reads service stability. I accidentally turned the wheel while the shaft was disconnected...any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Thats the sum of the issue...fairly simple I belive it may have to do with the centering of the steering wheel prior to reattaching the steering shaft however i am unsure how to center the steering wheel

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
2/18/2016
GM Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago
Joe Prestia

It is possible that there was damage to the steering wheel angle sensor when that happened. There is a service procedure for installing the new part. It basically says to reassemble with the wheels straight ahead and then remove an alignment pin pre-installed from the factory. Once done a scan tool will be needed to run a set-up test to initialize the new sensor.

GM Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Was this information helpful to you?

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic