FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

I have an lb7, that I changed all injectors in due to open

Customer Question

I have an lb7, that I changed all injectors in due to open circuit codes. after replacing all 8. I now have active codes p122, p1226,p1229,p1232,p1235,p1238, p12421,p1244
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the engine runs rough, almost dies
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the first one is p1223
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if all of these codes seemed to come up at one time? What code numbers were you getting before the injectors were replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The all slowly seem to come active after one minute of running. I think I have a problem with the wiring harness. I checked for continuity between the ficm and the 4 injector plugs. I don't have continuity from the green/purple wire on the injector plug for 6/8 to the ficm, am I supposed to? If so does it change colour? Also I don't have continuity from the green/orange strip wire down to the ficm from injector plug 5/7. Also there is a black/turquoise wire on one of the ficm plugs where should it go? If these wires are indeed broken and need to be fixed would they trigger all the other injectors to be open?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
There are a lot of issues with the injector wiring on this truck. Typcially I replace the harness when I replace the injectors. Was the harness unplugged when you were testing it?