GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I put new battery's in my keyless fob jeep grand and no it's…

Customer Question
Hi I put new battery's...
Hi I put new battery's in my keyless fob for my jeep grand and no it's not working does it have to be reprogrammed ? Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
2/14/2016
GM Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is the procedure you tried to program this?

I locked all the doors but left the driver door open turns the key to on and pressed the lock button on the fob but nothing happened so I'm at a loss can you help

you need to point the transmitter at the roof, and hold the lock button down for at least 5 seconds, and then the dorrs should unlock, do they?

No I've try's everything
No I tyed that pointed at the roof but nothing happened

Then you most likely have a bad transmitter, most parts houses like Autozone and Oriellys, have a tester at their coun ters, you just point them at the tester and press the button, and it will tell you if its sending a signal, if not, then the transmitter will need to be replaced,Tim