Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have a 2007 chevy tahoe, both the DRL's and the lowbeam

Customer Question

I have a 2007 chevy tahoe, both the DRL's and the lowbeam headlights quit working today, highbeams are working, just replaced all lights about a month ago. Checked the fuses and the lowbeam relay and all are good
Category: GM
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

This is one of those systems that make you wonder what the heck they were thinking about as they worked on it.

Please give me a couple of minutes to mull over the diagram and see if I can figure out a solution. Be right back!

I'm back.

I have a feeling the problem might be fuse 66 (30 amp - see attached graphic) in the underhood fuse box (GM calls it the "Underhood Electrical Center" - go figure...). Please check and see if there's current going through it and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that. Just looking at the diagram is the 71 fuse a 30 amp also so i could just swap and see for a quick check? Otherwise I will have to wait until the morning to go grab some test equip

71 is listed on the graphic I attached for you as a 40 amp fuse. It's never a good idea to replace a possibly burnt fuse with another one of even higher amperage. I think it'd be best if you waited until you got that test equipment

Best Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok no problem thank you sir. I will check it out first thing in the morning and let you know the results.

Better safe than sorry....

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Completely agree, thank you again and talk to you soon.

OK