GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

We t a deer in 2008 H3 Hummer on front passenger headlight,

Customer Question
We hit a deer in...
We hit a deer in 2008 H3 Hummer on front passenger headlight, almost no physical damage, however, the side airbags deployed and the engine will not start.
Is it possible for me to bypass airbag ignition cut off switch and drive vehicle?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
12/17/2015
GM Mechanic: Pete, GMC Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, GMC Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be ahoy to assist with this here today.

Usually the fault codes either need cleared out with a scan tool in the air bag and engine computer to see if the vehicle will start but I most cases with a deployed air bag the air bag computer has to be replaced and then programmed properly before it will start.

Unfortunately this is a safety feature that doesn't have a bypass that can be done.I would start with having the codes checked and cleared first and if this doesn't resolve the issue most likely the air bag computer needs replaced and programmed then codes cleared from engine computer to resolve this here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete

Pete, GMC Technician