Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 2008 silverado 5.3L I replaced the FSCM and fuel

Customer Question

Hey gary. I have a 2008 silverado 5.3L
I replaced the FSCM and fuel pump and the vehicle still wont run the fuel pump. I have a proper ground and proper power to the FSCM the pink ignition wire sends 12v to the FSCM and the dk grn/wh wire from the ECM also sends 12V. I called 3 chevy dealerships and they all tell me that the FSCM does NOT need to be programmed. I appear to have no BUS issues because I can connect to every system, and the fuel pump operates normally when i power it directly. How can I get the FSCM programmed and what do I tell the dealer, since they are telling me it does not need to be programmed.
Category: GM
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

I dont see any mention of battery voltage on the Red/White wire. Is it there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red white wire has b+ voltage

What about the light blue wire?

As far as an answer to your original question goes print out the attached document and take it to the dealer with you. Hopefully that will convince them that it needs programmed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car was towed to the dealer for programming. What should the readings be at the light blue wire?

With the key on the light blue should have battery voltage. That wire signals the FSCM to "wake up". If it doesnt have power the module will stay asleep and not work.