Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

2007 acadia. key stuck in ignition. The remote unlock didn't

Customer Question

2007 acadia. key stuck in ignition. The remote unlock didn't work, so I unlocked door with key. Put key in ignition and nothing happens. security light is on. trans in park. now key won't come out.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

make sure both battery cables are clean and tight if they are then the odds are what is going on is the battery is weak or dead or low on amps or a bad cell in it

the key release needs 12 volts to release the key

when it will not release the key usually the battery is bad

the best action to take is to remove the battery and have your local parts store test the battery for volts and amps and for bad cells the odds are just the battery is bad causing all these problems

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Battery is not under the hood. How do I get to the battery?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the battery is located inside the vehicle just behind the passenger seat area under this cover as seen in this picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There seems to be a lot of water on the floor of passenger side. Had a lot of rain last night.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

just make sure the battery and battery compartment are not filled with water

if it is remove the battery and dry out the battery compartment and change the battery

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently it takes a special tool to get the battery out. None of my hex wrenches fit.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

try a torx style bit ?

these should be a torx style pattern in the screw

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?