GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

How can I get in my hummer 3 when my remote and regular key

Customer Question
won't work? Wasn't sure if...
How can I get in my hummer 3 when my remote and regular key won't work? Wasn't sure if my battery is dead or my power panel is shorted out due to a sun roof leak!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
9/16/2015
GM Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician

Its possible the battery is dead and the lock actuator will not release. Under the vehicle at the starter, there is a large wire connected. Connect a set of jumper cable to this wire and the chassis then to another battery. This will power your vehicle, no it will not crank the engine.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician