FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

My 2005 sierra intermitently goes into limp mode. Changed

Customer Question

My 2005 sierra intermitently goes into limp mode. Changed the mass flow sensor and air filter, thought it was fixed, didn't happen for a week of regular driving.
Shut the truck off for 5 minutes and it is corrected back to regular mode.
Happened today at 70 mph.
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me what size engine that you have and if the check engine light is coming on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's 6.0 and yes the engine light is on
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. Typically on this engine this is caused by either a failure in the throttle body or in the accelerator position sensor assembly. I would start by cleaning out the throttle body. Excessive build up will cause this. If it returns I would have the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you can bring me the codes that will help.