Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

My battery went dead and now since changing the battery

Customer Question

my battery went dead and now since changing the battery driver side blows hot air and pass. performs properly. How do I recalibrate? 2004 hummer h2
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

if you disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 battery cables together for 2 minutes then reconnect the battery cables and start up the truck and do not touch the heater ac controller for 2 minutes will it work normally ?

that is the only manual way to recalibrate these

if by a rare chance it still does this the only other calibration will need to be done with a scan tool

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the purpose of holding the cables together for two minutes ???? It did not work, and that was the most unreasonable solution I have ever heard of.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

by touching the 2 cables together will reset the computers in the truck and is a very common reset for computers in these trucks

it is not unreasonable and is done all the time

if that did NOT work then the only other way to re calibrate the actuators is with a scan tool that can communicate and perform specials functions in the BCM system