GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM k1500: I have a 97 gmc with after market alarm not letting

Customer Question

I have a 97 gmc with after market alarm not letting gas get in the throttle body what can I do to bypass it I bought the truck used so I have no books on the alarm
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Typically the aftermarket alarms out there will not turn off the fuel system. The factory security system will cause this though. Is there a security light illuminated on the dash when cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a little red light above the passenger side shut off switch it is always blinking red
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
That would not be it. There would be a light on the instrument cluster that either says security or looks like a lock.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is not one of those at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's aftermarket man I'm not at home right now I'll take a pic of it and up load it to show u in just a bit man
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
That would be great. I don't doubt that it has an aftermarket alarm, but most of them just cut out the starter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this one feeds into wires in the throttle body harness
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Then please do send me some pictures of it so that I can see if I can advise you on what to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a picture of what I'm talking about if I need to take more let me know sorry it took so long
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
From your picture that looks like the factory injector harness. Are there 16 wires there?