Randy
Randy, GMC Technician
Experience:  25 Years experience
62741268

GM Hummer: My parking brake is stuck on my 2007 H3 Hummer

Customer Question

My parking brake is stuck on my 2007 H3 Hummer
Category: GM
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
This sounds like you will have to figure which side or if it is just one side that is stuck. You will need to raise the Hummer off the ground so that the wheels can be removed. There are a couple of ways to release the brake behind the rear brake backing plate there is a rubber insert for adjustment of the parking brake shoes usually they are either at the top or bottom.When the rubber plug is removed if you can get a small screwdriver through and back off the adjusting nut the parking brake should release enough. Another way is to loosen the nut at the parking brake equalizer to release the tension on the parking brake shoes.
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
*..Was this step helpful? Please reply if you need more help......Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance....After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!