GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

GM: My 2008 duramax doesn't seem to be getting fuel. I have…

Customer Question
My 2008 duramax doesn't seem...
My 2008 duramax doesn't seem to be getting fuel. I have pressured up the tank and had good fuel to the fuel filter housing but it will not get to the engine. The filter housing pump can't seem to prime the system itself. I have a feeling the filter pump is the issue.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GM
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2015
GM Mechanic: MPMoore, GM WORLD CLASS/ASE MASTER W/L1 GMC replied 2 years ago
MPMoore
MPMoore, GM WORLD CLASS/ASE MASTER W/L1 GMC
If you are pumping the primer pump on the top of the fuel filter housing and there is no fuel coming out, then it's likely the pump is bad. You could test it if you have a vacuum gauge, on the fuel supply side, connect the vacuum gauge and pump the primer, you should get a good vacuum reading on the gauge, if not then the pump is bad. You would have to replace the housing, pump is not repairable.