GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM Hummer: My h3 pass headlight is low ds is good bulbs ch

Customer Question

My h3 pass headlight is low ds is good bulbs changed
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the long waitboth the low and high beams for the passenger side head light are both dim ?do you have a multi meter on hand ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Drivers side bulb hi and low beam work, pass side is dim when u put on the high beams the ds responds the ps is the same which is dim, I went to the fuse panel and pulled number 70 module and exchanged with another which was the same size to test if it was bad but there was no change. Bulbs are new and I don't have a meter,

Thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
with both passenger side high and low being dim we either do not have full power in the orange wires to both passenger side bulbs or there is a bad ground for those passenger side bulbswhen the drivers sides are bright and the passenger side is dim if you take a small piece or wire or a big paper clip and jump 12 volts to the fuse # ***** into the tops of # ***** fuse in the little opening will the passenger side bulbs be bright or stay dim ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I jump from the battery or fuse to fuse
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
with a small wire or paper clip with the head lights on jump through the little openings in the top of one of the sides of fuse # ***** to fuse # ***** one of the openings in the tops and see if they get brighter