GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

GM h2: jerry, 2006 h2 hummer Replaced battery, now car starts…

Customer Question
Hi jerry, 2006 h2 hummer...
Hi jerry, 2006 h2 hummer Replaced battery, now car starts fans coming on & then shuts down. Also smoke from radio - not original headset. Any ideas what is causing this issue, I am in Australia.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GM
6/12/2015
GM Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 3 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. If you are getting smoke from the after market radio then you need to remove it to see what is going on behind it. Most of the times if the wires were not secured properly then they will short together and cause this. This will cause the battery to die and can cause the security system to act up and keep the vehicle from running in some cases. You need to pull the radio and check this and let me know what you find and if you need more help.

we had auto elec's to it and the only way they could get it going was to disconnect the 4WD MODULE & ABS MODULE?

If he had to disconnect that then there may be a short in that system. Typically the module itself does not short and cause it. Were there any blown fuses?