GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

GM W4500: 2001 GMC W4500 front rotor replacement. How does…

Customer Question
2001 GMC W4500 front rotor...
2001 GMC W4500 front rotor replacement. How does the ring come off to get to the 12 torch screws
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GM
5/19/2015
GM Mechanic: Randy, GMC Technician replied 3 years ago
Randy
Randy, GMC Technician
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
The ABS reluctor wheel is in the way of the torx bolts that hold the rotor to the hub. You will need to gently pry the wheel off of the hub.
Does not want to move even with a puller and heat.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
No does not. Is a six lug 1-5/8. Pic does not show the ring gear that needs to come off.
It's also a dump truck possibly 1ton or more
okay, the diagrams that I have show this coming off with a 3 jaw puller. It will be very tight.
Ok to big of a job for the novice garage repair. Appreciate the info.
Your welcome!
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!