jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

GM Sierra: I had both my husbands and my vehicle serviced

I had both my husband's and my vehicle serviced and they put machine cutting oil instead of motor oil. Now my engine is running above 3,000 rpm's and here a clicking noise. My husbands truck is smoking and only has 38,000 miles on it and the oil pressure continues to drop below 40 psi. The shop that serviced our vehicles said that they don't think the cutting oil caused these problems....help what should we do?

hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you .

if you still have that cutting oil in the motors ,I wouldnt drive it anymore ,cutting oil is not for vehicle motors and will harm the motor .

cutting oils usually have water ,sulfur etc.

plus cutting oil is much thinner than motor oil -thus the ticking you hear and the smoking.

here is a site to explain the properties more -http://its.fvtc.edu/machshop1/coolant/cutfluids.htm.

if I were you you can remove the oil and put in the motor oil ,but I believe the damage is already done and may not solve the issues that you have

document anything from this shop and you may have to get new motors for both these vehicles ....as time goes on further damage may show up

I am sure that this shop has insurance and you may have to sue them

as I said this cutting oil may contain water or other chemicals that will definately hurt the motor ..thank you ...jazzmaster ..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I will contact me a lawyer. I appreciate you advice.

yes, you are welcome..

and that is what I would do .

the cutting oil could and can allow quicker wear to compnents in the motors and you most likely will have engine issues further down the line ...thank you ...jazz..