GM

I have had to boost my gmc sierra 2011 twice now in two weeks seems to…

I have had to boost...
I have had to boost my gmc sierra 2011 twice now in two weeks seems to be a connection problem to me battery is up when you start it... Read full answer
I have had to boost my gmc sierra 2011 twice now in two weeks seems to be a connection problem to me battery is up when you start it
12/17/2012
GM Question guy
GM Question guy, ASE Certified Technician
The first thing you need to do is have your battery and alternator tested. You can have this done at any most auto parts store for free. It is likely that either your battery or alternator are not working properly.

I can also show you how to check it yourself if you have a voltmeter.

Let me know the results of the test and we can go from there.
GM Question guy
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L and I was looking for my horn
I have a GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L and I was looking for my horn relay switch. My horn started to sound more and more diminishing over time and finally gave out. I can hear a click at the fuses when horn p… read more
BRIAN
BRIAN
Program Coordinator/Faculty Automotive,
BS
I left to key to my 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 in the on position,
I left to key to my 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 in the on position, (not running) and drained my battery. Now I'm boosting it and it won't turn over. Theft light is not on, but it says traction control, and … read more
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
self employed,
Air bubble in hydroboost. Just as they replaced the pitman
Just as they replaced the pitman arm and idler arm … read more
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
self employed,
Stop searching for answers—
04 GMC 1500 Sierra. Occasionally the battery goes dead and
04 GMC 1500 Sierra. Occasionally the battery goes dead and has to be boosted. 4 times in the last 12 months. Twice in the last 3 weeks. The truck often sits for a week at a time. Most times it starts … read more
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GMC Mechanic,
GM GMC Sereia: Need Second Opinion on: my 2007 GMC when shuting
Need Second Opinion on: my 2007 GMC when shuting it off the clock has been going back to 12, now the air bag light on the dash is coming on and the power door locks started to lock and unlock while go… read more
ASEMaster35yrs
ASEMaster35yrs
GM GMC Sierra 4WD: I have a message coming up on my message
I have a message coming up on my message center stating "service 4wd", and twice in the past two weeks I have started my truck, put it in drive and when I hit the gas it felt like it was starting off … read more
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
GM Sierra: Truck: 2008 GMC Sierra 5.3L -40 degrees and I
Truck: 2008 GMC Sierra 5.3L -40 degrees and I did not realize my block heater was broke. I tried to remote start my truck and didn't realize it had not fired up for about 1/2 hour. Went out to start i… read more
GMC Technician,
GM Sierra C-1500: I have a 96 GMC Sierra with a 4.3L V6. The
I have a 96 GMC Sierra with a 4.3L V6. The check engine light came on today while I was driving to work. When I came out of work, my truck would not start. Fuel pump is not coming on either. For the p… read more
Gary
Gary
GMC Technician,
duramax..traffic a diesel smell as well smoke will arise..hood..cab
I have a 2011 Duramax. The regen cycle does not seem to be operating correctly...when the regen cycle decides to function in stop-and-go traffic a diesel smell as well smoke will arise from the hood l… read more
Lead mech,
Some college
2011 GMC Sierra 1500: Coolant recovery tank..it sits..bolted
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 Coolant recovery tank is loose but it sits on two legs and is bolted securely. It is up by battery and my concern is that it looks like something is missing?… read more
goodwrench9124
goodwrench9124
Lead Tech/ Shop Leader,
2000 GMC: v6..manual transmission..security light..fuel gauge
I have a 2000 GMC Sierra v6,manual transmission with air bags. The battery/security light has come on and stayed on and the temp, and fuel gauge are not working. This has happened before, but went awa… read more
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator,
95 gmc suburban: parked it for 3 days, now cant start it...electrical
95 gmc suburban works great never had a problem with it. parked it for 3 days, now can't start it. nothing electrical is working. tried to boost it still nothing. but the battery seems like it has jui… read more
Ivan
Ivan
Automotive Instructor,
Stop searching for answers—
1998 GMC: brakes depressed...or when headlights are on..parked..blink
I have a 1998 GMC Sierra. Yesterday, the signal lights wouldn't work when brakes depressed...or when headlights are on. When vehicle is parked and the signal lights on the dashlights blink in rhythm. … read more
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GMC Mechanic,
2003 gmc sierra 1500: 5.3L..Auto Trans..idles fine..gear and it dies
I have a 2003 gmc sierra 1500 4x4 5.3L Auto Trans and it will start up and idles fine most of the time. then I put into gear and it dies. Ijust put in a new battery to and had a electrical test done a… read more
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Auto Dealership Owner,
Chevrolet: GM..4WD..power steering and power brake assist..warming
GM/Chevrolet 2007.5 4WD 2500HD Duramax - Steering and Brake Assist Failure. I have a GMC Sierra 2007.5 and experienced total failure of power steering and power brake assist upon first morning startup… read more
GMC Tech
GMC Tech
SERVICE TECHNICIAN,
2005 gmc sierra 1500: the lights and gauges are pulsing,I
on my 2005 gmc sierra 1500 p/u the lights and gauges are pulsing,I replaced the battery and it stopped for a few weeks ,but now its started it again.… read more
Lead mech,
Some college
GMC: dealership..the compressor was bad and metal shavings..restarting
I just spent several hundred dollars having a GMC dealership replace my a/c compressor and condensor, but when I went to get it found the a/c was still not blowing very cold. They diagnosed the compre… read more
ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl
Lead Auto Tech,
Some college and advanced training