GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

1991 chevy s10 blazer: 4.3 vortec engine starts flooding..10 minutes

Customer Question
Ihave a 1991 chev S10...
Ihave a 1991 chev S10 blazer that is having fuel related issues. the 4.3 Vortec engine starts flooding after about 10 minutes running , then quits running and then will not start until the engine is cold again. how do I diagnose this issue?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: GM
3/7/2012
GM Mechanic: shawnrbaldwin, GMC Mechanic replied 5 years ago
shawnrbaldwin
shawnrbaldwin, GMC Mechanic

shawnrbaldwin :

hello and welcome to J/A my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today, please remember I am not their so be very detailed. how may I help you?

shawnrbaldwin :

do you have a fuel presure tester? if so have you ran a fuel presure test on the blazer?

Customer:

no i do not have a fuel pressure tester.

Customer:

is this most likely the fuel pump?

Customer:

no i have not

shawnrbaldwin :

not the fuel pump it self but more then likely the regulator

Customer:

So how do you repair that?

Customer:

So when do I get an answer or do I have to click on accept even if I do not have the answer that I am looking for.

shawnrbaldwin :

no you do not click on accept until you are satisfied with the answer to you original questioin

shawnrbaldwin :

i am sorry i have been out of the office and I am just now sitting back down as far as the regulator you will want to check for proper fuel presure before going any farther and that will take a fuel presure testing gauge let me know when you have one handy and I will walk you threw this

Customer:

What pressure range of a guage do I need?

Customer:

so I have a fuel pressure guage and I am wondering if I dead head the pressure fuel line or try to connect back to the TBI? the

Customer:

what type of fitting do I need to connect back to the TBI?

Relist: Incomplete answer.
The guy I was asking the question never got back to me with the complete answer and was not available whenever I replied.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I have a fuel pressure test kit but it does not have a fitting to go back into the TBI after I remove the fuel intake line. How do I proceed? what is the PSI that I need fro the fuel pump?
I have 15 psi from the fuel pump.
The fuel pump holds the pressure at 15psi
it is going to be your regulator needing replaced then
shawnrbaldwin
shawnrbaldwin, GMC Mechanic
No I don't have another question. You did not answer my question in a timely
manner so I had to figure out the problem on my own.
shawnrbaldwin
shawnrbaldwin
shawnrbaldwin, GMC Mechanic