GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

2007 GMC ENVOY SLT: drivers side..seat height and lumbar all inop)

Customer Question
2007 GMC ENVOY SLT...
2007 GMC ENVOY SLT Driver Power Seat

All but front and back adjustment for drivers side power seat inoperative using seat switches..(back tilt, seat height and lumbar all inop). Memory works to move seat forward and back.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: GM
7/30/2011
GM Mechanic: Jerry Newton, GMC Technician replied 6 years ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician
First thing to check is the LGM/DSM fuse in the rear fuse block under the seat. Aside from that basic check, the culprit is probably the driver's seat memory seat module. It controls all of these functions, including the ones that still work, so if there is a partial failure of the seat systems, it is most likely traceable back to a faulty module, provided that the appropriate fuse is good and power/ground are reaching the module. There are scan tool diagnostics available for this; if it's not a simple fuse issue, a solid diagnosis will require a good scan tool and a good mechanic to pinpoint it and repair/replace it.
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician
Follow up comment:
Fuse checked ok so I will likely be in for a new module. There doesn't seem to be a fuse for the passenger side seat model . Is there a similar module controlling passenger seat? What is the LGM that's protected by the same fuse; lift gate something?
No, the passenger seat isn't electronically controlled (memory seats) so no computer is necessary there. LGM = lift gate module.
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician