GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

2008 gmc: wiring diagram..pickup with the bose stereo/nav/dvd/

Customer Question
looking for a stereo wiring...
looking for a stereo wiring diagram for a 2008 gmc denali pickup with the bose stereo/nav/dvd/back up camera. the back up camera wires (i beleive) have pulled out of the deutsch plug in the back of the stereo, as the dealer installed this, not the factory. I don't know where to plug them back in.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: GM
1/7/2011
GM Mechanic: jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech replied 11 years ago
jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech

hi, I will have to give you all the diagrams as my data lists but is not specific as which is the bose ,this should help you though ....guy...

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech

Thanks for the info and diagrams. One last question. My truck came with the stereo with CD and NAV, I swapped it out for the same looking stereo, OEM, but with DVD. I had to take it into the dealership to have it unlocked or whatever it is called. This new one is in and working, everything except the XM. I don't even get the preview channel, as far as sound. I know the XM antenna is hooked up. Any idea why that may not be working? Did they not get it fully unlocked? I'm baffeled. The radio I.D. that I give to XM is the same, it must get the id number from the truck, not the actual radio.

[email protected]

I am not that familar with the xm but it may be that it is not working (defective) with the other radio ,I would suggest to call the dealer and ask them about it ,yes the radios now do have to be unlocked whenever they are changed ,soon the vehicles will have radios that cannot be exchanged and will only work with the vehicle that it came in ,NICE,if you had xm before with the old radio then it may be bad in the new one ...guy..