GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

2001 Yukon: 4x4..next morning..abs and Brake light would come…

I have a 2001 Yukon...
I have a 2001 Yukon XL 4x4. The key was accidentally left in the "on" position over-night. After jump starting it the next morning we noticed that the ABS and Brake light would come on spuratically. We also noted that the fuel gage stayed at just under half full for a few hundred miles. When it did finally "come back to life" the low fuel light came on and the truck engine died twice before we could get it to a gas station. It has not stalled since, but the engine will occassionally not start on the first try.
We had a local shop run a diagnostic and they said that both the fuel pump and the ABS module need to be replaced. This seems to coincidental to me. Can you help me out?
7/12/2010
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Greetings and Welcome to Just answer.

I would first do a reset of the system once fully charged. To do this take the battery cables off, touch the ends together for 5 seconds then attach them to the battery and see. If that does not then we will need the know the code number stored in the ABS module to know if the diagnosis is accurate and if the module does indeed need to be replaced.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

You can reply at any time for follow up information regarding this issue, even after you accept my answer and I will reply.