GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

rear wind shield wiper not workin

Customer Question
rear wind shield wiper not workin
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: GM
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/12/2010
GM Mechanic: Gary, GMC Technician replied 8 years ago
Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
what year?make?model?

year 2002, GM, Blazer

do you have a test light or a multi meter?
no
ok it will not even work when you spray the rear washers? does the rear washer even spray or do you hear the pump trying to spray(the pump is under the hood in almost the same area as the front washer pump bottom of the washer jug) push the rear washer to spray with the key on and see if you can hear the pump run
The spay is working fine the wiper is not
ok in the under hood fuse box can you check and see if the 15 amp fuse RR/w/w fuse is good?
I just Chek the fuse and instul a new one , stiil not working
ok at this point we are going to need a test light or a multi meter.and with the key on and the switch set to high and the gate closed you should have power at the gray and orange wire at the motor and the black wire a ground.we need to know which one we are missing?or not missing

I can't get a light or multi meter

its the only way to tell whats wrong.it could be the lift gate switch bad telling the rear wiper not to work because it thinks the gate is open.make sure the gate/glass is closed.it could be a wiring issue or a bad motor.the only way to tell is to diagnose it the way i said
Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Thank you I think the gate was not closing goot do to rust
good job im glad its fixed