GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

started making..first started..acceleration even in park…

Customer Question
I have a 93 z28...
I have a 93 z28. just recently my 700r4 started making a scrubbing noise when first started. It gets louder with acceleration even in park. The kicker is that it stops after you run it approximally 3 to 5 min. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: GM
7/10/2010
GM Mechanic: ironmike, ASE Master Tech replied 8 years ago
ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master Tech

greetings,

I would remove the flywheel cover from the trans and see if it is hitting first.

let me know what you find

good luck

i have done that they are no marks on the fly wheel or torque converter iwas wondeing about the front pump or maybe the converter clutch
could be the converter. Did you get under and try to isolate the noise when running?
it is at the front of the trans as i was mentioning the noisie stops after a few minutes its kind of the same sound as a bad ford powersteering pump. i was trying to get out of pulling trans is there anyway of checking the pump or converter while still in the car im not sure what the pressure is suposse to be. it kind of seems to me like the pump may be loseing its prime after the engine stops. what ya think. it shifts fine and the tv cable is set right and the filter has less than 500 miles on it. the fluid has no burnt odor and is the same color as when i put it in.they are no drivability problems. i need an opinion as to whether or not to start looking for a new one before this one takes a dump. im not sure about how many miles the trans has on it. it has been replaced at once by the previous owner. anything would be great.

I would double check the filter and the o ring, make sure the old one is not there. You may have a bad filter that is sucking air on start up. I would go oem. If no good I would suspect the pump.

good luck

ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master Tech
ill try it. thanks

you are welcome